Is ALL your advertising in compliance with MREC’s proposed advertising rule? Think outside the box; its not just your yard signs that will be affected by the rule
On your advertising or advertisements
- Is the Brokerage Firm name prominently displayed to be easily identified by the public?
- Is the Brokerage firm or Branch office telephone number included in the display?
- IF a licensee’s name or a team name is included in the advertisement or promotion is the name located NEAR the Brokerage name and in the same size writing or font?
The proposed revised rule includes ALL types of advertising –
- Internet display (if a consumer is required to click to another page to see the Brokerage name and phone number, the ad is not in compliance with the rule)
- Social media sites
- Electronic media
- Business cards
- Telephone directory listing
- Television broadcasts
- Telephone solicitation
- For Sale/For Lease signage and sign riders
- Automobile signage
- Promotional items
To read the full revised rule: http://mrec.ms.gov/docs/AdvertisingRule3.3.pdf