Nominations for CMR's 2018 Board of Directors are due by Wednesday, July 7.
Members of the CMR Board of Directors have duties and responsibilities of governing the association. Duties may include but are not limited to approving expenditures of the Association, establishing governing policies, approving amendments to the bylaws and other member products and services, coordinating association events, and strategic planning. The association relies on directors to actively participate, and take action on issues that impact our members' daily business lives. Board Members should be available to meet on the 3rd Thursday of the month when business is to be conducted.
The CMR Nominating Committee, made up of CMR Past-Presidents, will meet in July to create the Slate of Officers and Directors. The slate of candidates will be voted on by membership at the General Membership Meeting & Election on Tuesday, September 19. Be advised that making your interest known is no guarantee that you will be nominated for the slate.
- Must be a REALTOR® licensed as a salesperson, broker, or appraiser
- Has demonstrated a commitment to the Association through service on committees or projects
- Regularly attends REALTOR® Membership meetings or other Association events
- Votes in local REALTOR® Association elections
- Committed to the obligations of the REALTOR® Code of Ethics and its enforcement
- Can make objective decisions without prejudice
- Has a desire to help the Association grow and remain relevant into the future with emphasis on the required Core Standards: Code of Ethics, Advocacy, Consumer Outreach, Support of the REALTOR® organizations (state and national), Technology and Financial Solvency)
- Can commit to attending monthly Board meetings (3rd Thursday of the month) and other events as required.